As is the case with the other films in the Evil Dead trilogy, there is a staggering array of different versions of this title available. More specifically, there are no fewer than eleven other version of this disc available. As listing eleven different region comparisons would become rather confusing, I have listed all the features we don't get, and the region (and edition if necessary, as the US and the UK have three separate editions of this film each) in which that feature can be found.
The Region 4 version of this disc misses out on;
Unfortunately, from this, it is obvious that the Region 4 is a poor loser. The Region 2 French collectors edition is probably the pick of the bunch, however die-hard fans or investment seekers may want to trawl the online auction sites for the out of print (and now rather expensive) collectors edition tin release from Region 1. The only positive to all this is the audio - the Region 4 version of this disc contains an audio quality that is far superior to that of its Region 1 counterpart - especially for dialogue clarity and fidelity - and it is possible that this is true in comparison to other regions as well. Certainly, those looking for the cheaper alternative, and who do not mind missing out on extras, will be very happy with the local version's transfer, while audio purists who already own the Region 1 version may want to at least rent the local version to decide if the improvements are sufficient to warrant another purchase of the same film.
- Audio Commentary featuring Bruce Campbell (actor), Sam Raimi (director/co-writer), Scott Spiegel (co-writer) and Greg Nicotero (special make-up effects) - available in all other regions, although Special Edition only feature for US and UK.
- Making of featurette The Gore The Merrier - available in all other regions, although Special Edition only feature for US and UK.
- Stills Galleries - available in all other regions, although Special Edition only feature for US and UK.
- Poster Replica and 48 page booklet - available only in the (now out of print) limited edition tin-packaged Region 1 edition.
- Two half hour interview featurettes - one with Sam Raimi and one with Bruce Campbell - only available on the 2-disc Region 2 French collectors edition.