The Region 4 disc misses out on:
The Region 1 disc misses out on:
- Audio Commentary by Director Mark Pellington and Actor Jeff Bridges.
- "Hidden Vulnerability; A Look into the Making of Arlington Road" - A Making-Of Feature.
- An Alternative Ending with Introduction by Director Mark Pellington.
- On-disc Biographies for the main Cast and Crew.
- Theatrical Trailers for Arlington Road, The Last Picture Show and Starman
- A printed insert containing Production Notes.
Reviews of the Region 1 version are mixed. Some, such as Widescreen Review and DVDFile, are very happy with the video transfer while The BIG Picture notes similar faults to our own disc. Each site finds the audio to be fine although the lack of surround use for effects is highlighted by all. Only DVDFile comment on the extras, which they are very pleased with.
- A Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack encoded at 448Kb/s. The Region 1 disc has the lower 384 Kb/s bitrate on its soundtrack.
Given that the quality of the Region 1 disc appears to be similar to our own and the extras present are of high quality, I would have to give the nod to the Region 1 version.